Be Internet Awesome Teaches Kids the Fundamentals of Internet Safety in an Interactive Way
Just in time for the Holidays, Interland aims to teach kids in a fun way how to stay safe online.
The Interland game is free and accessible to everyone and teaches important lessons like being careful about what kids share online, how to spot scams and protect their privacy and the importance of being respectful with others.
The four lands and their key learning objectives are:
Don’t Fall for Fake. The river that runs through Interland flows with fact and fiction. But things are not always as they seem. To cross the rapids, use your best judgement and don’t fall for the antics of the phisher lurking in these waters. Learning objectives include:
- Understand not everything is true online.
- Recognize the signs of a scam.
- Understand phishing and how to report it.
Share with Care. The mountainous town center of Interland is a place where everyone mingles and crosses paths. But you must be very intentional about what you share and with whom…information travels at the speed of light and there’s an oversharer among the Internauts you know. Learning objectives include:
- Be mindful of what is shared and with whom.
- Understand consequences of sharing.
- Understand some info is extra sensitive.
It’s cool to be kind. Vibes of all kinds are contagious—for better or for worse. In the sunniest corner of town, cyberbullies are running amok, spreading negativity everywhere. Block and report bullies to stop their takeover and be kind to other Internauts to restore the peaceful nature of this land. Learning objectives include:
- The web amplifies kindness and negativity.
- Not tolerating bullying and speaking up.
- Block and report mean spirited behavior.
Tower of Treasure
Secure your secrets. Mayday! The Tower is unlocked, leaving the Internaut’s valuables like personal info and passwords at high risk. Outrun the hacker and build an untouchable password every step of the way…to secure your secrets once and for all. Learning objectives include:
- Take responsibility to protect your things.
- How to make a strong password.
- A good password should be memorable.
Interland is currently available in English, Spanish, and Brazilian Portuguese. To access this free game visit: